Sunday, November 17, 2019

Nov. 17, 2019
Last Saturday, Nov. 9, I went to the Paulines (Catholic bookstore) and got a diary for 2020, which is fast approaching. We have had lots of rain this whole past week, kind of on and off, but
Also quite heavy at times, so that there were floods in some places and lots of damage to houses. Here, around Mariannhhill and Durban, there are only hills and more hills.
Bad for rain. On Tuesday last week, Nov. 12, I took the dreaded step and went to the Traffic Dept. to renew my driver’s licence. I was prepared for a looooong queue, but as soon as
I arrived, a lady from the staff said, Woza Mkhulu, Come on over here old grandpa (skipping the queue) ue sat me down in a very short queue (only 4 people, older like me). So we went
Flying through the process, but I now have a renewed licence that is good for another 5 yrs. . Bishop Lobinger (92 yrs. Old) drove me
There and picked me up. The whole thing took only an hour.

    I decided to make an appointment with the surgeon to see is he was satisfied with what is happening to my left leg, and if I should be doing something else or, maybe,

    I had finally gotten rid of all drugs and was now drug free and felt better for it, but now the surgeon, Dr. Naidoo, gave me a script for a muscle relaxant and pain controller,
Just when I thought I was finished with drugs. Hmmmm..
     I think the idea is that somehow this medicine ( the name is spanmend) will help to lessen or eliminate the s-pasms. We whall see.. I will give it a try for a week and if I don’t see
Anything of the sort, I will stop. 
   I felt better these day  and had more energy and . The desire to move, not just sit around. I went for Mass today at Savannah Park and was practically hugged to death
We were happy to see each other after a break of more than a month. They had been a reports that I was really sick and couldn’t even get out of bed, so it was like
A resurrection before Christmas. I will try to see the physiotherapist this week to make a plan as to how to get the left leg even with the right.                                                                                                                                                                                
So that;s it for now. I feel much better, and will try to be faithful to my exercixe schedlule so that, hopefully, I will be able to walk norrmally again. (Maybe that is wishful thinking). I was shuffling with the 4 legged walker, but now have been using the elbow crutch except when I am in my room when I just hobble around without the use of the crutch.
Chtistmas is just around the corner and I don’t think I will be doing much gift giving this year as I don.t think I have the energy to go through the running around.
Hey, I am going to leave it here for now. I have \been getting to bed earlier and slowly adapting to a 7 hr. or 8 hr, sleep as opposed to the 6 hrs. I used to be satisfied with .
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment