Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 10, 2019

There is more to this blog than I am including here but this is the most recent item.
I had an appointment with the neurosurgeon on May 7th, I told him that as far as I was concerned the spinal op was a success but ever since the knee op, the spasms returned again in full force. He had me check with Dr. Wolpe, the neurologist with whom he works and who made the original diagnosis. They then decided to have another up to date MRI.
     I went for the MRI yesterday, May 10th, and it was a disaster. Here is the report I wrote to the doctors....


May 11, 2019

Dear Drs. Van Der Merwe and Wolpe,

I am afraid that yesterday’s intended MRI was a disaster.
If my memory serves me right, I warned the team down there that I had involuntary spasm and needed some medication to cut out their activity. They said all would be taken care of. I reminded the receptionist, as we were waiting, that time was running out and we should be using this waiting time for the 30 minutes for the pill to take effect. Again I was told not to worry, all would be taken care of.
      I can’t remember taking any medication for the first MRI, but , as I had warned them, there were continuous spasm which I had no control over and the whole thing was spoiled.
    They then tried a second time and this time I remember the pill they gave me was not like the one you, Dr. Wolpe, prescribed. I guess that it was too weak because it too didn’t work.
     The third time (which never happened) I asked them to contact you, Dr. Wolpe, to get a scrip for the right pill (the pill that worked so well for the first MRI some months back. It was the tiniest pill I ever saw and only cost R8. Wow.
      On of their team volunteered to get the pill from the pharmacy with some of my money. She came back with two of those little pills and I put them under my tongue.
However, in the meantime, it was decided not to do the MRI today but to book the 21st of May at 11am.
    In the meantime, the pills began to take effect. Wow. My legs turned to rubber and I had to have two hold me up, getting out to the car, getting into the car and then into the house when we finally got home.
    This morning, when I got up to take a shower, I still have more rubber legs than I expected and actually fell down at the entrance to the shower and again, after I managed to get upright again.Then I fell the third time and had to work my way on my buns to my bed where, finally, I was able to grab onto the end of the bed and lift myself up. I skipped the shower ( I was afraid to fall again) and went back under the covers hoping to sleep off the aftereffects of those powerful pills.
    I am really sorry to have wasted so much of your time, and I cursed the  source of the spasms.
    Dr. Wolpe, I think that if you get another scrip ready, I will come early to the hospital on the 21st of May and collect the scrip from you and bring it with me to Jackpersad so we avoid a repeat of the last try.
     I  am really sorry, but I warned them that that was going to happen as I had no control over these involuntary spasms and they had to be put solidly to sleep if we wanted a good scan.
    Many thanks, again, for your continued concern.

Love and Peace, Fr. Cas. (James Lee Paulsen)

That's all for now. I am trying to sleep off the powerful effects of that pill that stopped the spasming.

No comments:

Post a Comment