Wednesday, May 22, 2019


It is now May 22, 2019
    We went back to Dr. Wolpe, the neurologist to hear what he had to say about the MRI. All clean, he says. No problem with spine or brain. Normal changes connected to old age but nothing to cause this.
   He put me on his table and ran through more tests and he could not connect anything with these spasms.
    So he prescribed a medicine called Baclofen, that is used to treat spastic behaviour of muscles like after a spinal injury. Other things too, but that comes the closest to fitting my situation. He says to start with a low dosage and after three days increase it a little, (if necessary) and continue until I get the results I am looking for, hopefully sooner than later.
If, after a month, he says he may ask for a lumbar puncture to check to see if there is some kind of infection or whatever in the spinal cord/fluid that could be causing this. He was perplexed but ran through many tests to see what could be causing these spasms. (as I am typing, the are doing their thing,  24/ 7, on and off.
    Anyway that is good news to me. No operation. So please pray for a good outcome. Thanks. Cas.

No comments:

Post a Comment