Wednesday, March 28, 2018


March 29th, 2018

I have been battling to keep in touch since we have had no internet or phone line for more than three weeks now. I am at the Monastery since they happily allowed me to get their password so that I can get over here twice a day to get my emails and send out messages.

    The car seems not to be finished yet though there is hope that maybe, maybe, maybe today, it might be ready. I will believe it when I see it.

    This is just a short message for you all. I can’t get out of my mind the thousands of Syrians who have been blocked from food, water and electricity for 7 yrs. Now because Assad calls them (mothers and children) terrorists. They have been relentlessly bombed for weeks now and there is nothing left…no food, no water, no medicine, no hospital care for the sick, etc. etc. etc.  This is Jesus continuing to suffer today in his body here on earth. Then there is Yemen where the situation is more than critical, especially for children. Then it is an unknown what Trump will say and do when he meets Kim Sung Un in North Korea. What a Lent and Holy Week.

    In any case, amid all the killing and dying and cheating and conniving, I want to wish you all a very happy, joyful and peaceful Easter. We must try, in this upside down world, to be Easter people, bringing love and hope where it seems to be in such short supply.

    I will be at my usual community at Savannah Park, mostly in Zulu, and today, I think, because I have difficulty in getting on my knees because of my bum knee on the left side, and because, once I get down, I can’t get up easily without a crane. Ha. So I will be washing hands and not feet. Peter wanted his hands washed too, so we will give it a try.  Loads of love to you all, and HOPE. Neve give up.  Cas.

No comments:

Post a Comment