Tuesday, October 25, 2022

 

Oct. 25, 2022

I don’t knowhow time can go so fast. I wanted to say for the whole week that a serious dent was made in our family when my uncle cas (Casey) passed away just over a week ago. He ws the last of the 14 kid in the Chmielewski family (Aunt Rose was the second last). It is hard to say who was my favorite undle because there was not a bad one in the bunch, but maybe because he was closest to me in age (of the 14) but I thin he was my favourite, that’s why I took his name for my religious name. I think his kids and all us cousins loved him a lot. He was just a good man. He was 96 when he died and I am 87, just 9 yrs. difference. I admired him , among other reasons because he built his own house, from digging the basement to doing the plumbing and electricity along with the usual help from the local guys giving a hand…You know, put a cas of beer out and a few snacks on Saturday and watch the house go up. That was the spirit In those days….all the neighbors pitched in and helped each other. Maybe it still works that way but it is long since I have been in the States to notice. It still happens in the villages here in Africa but too many are becoming westernized here too and people are getting more individualistic. But I sad event  sorry that it took me so long to mention this sad event in our family history. To make it more totally relevant for non-family members, he was one of my many great mentors. I wanted to be like him. Let me put this in my blog before I forget for another two weeks. I forget lots of things but I thank God that I still remember my name, and it is not just….hey you. Ha.  Lots of love to you all till next time the sprit moves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment