Thursday, January 27, 2022

 

Jan. 27, 2022

Wow, time has flown again aa usual. Almost a whole month.

On the 10th I had 4 new tires put on.almost R3800.00 . about $260.00 Not too bad. Mariannhas been doing a lot of business here for a long time so they gave a discount.

On the 11th, I went to Pick N’Pay and did shop;ing for Mpume, the woman who is blind. Almost R700.00 o dpn’t know how families manage, with 5 or more people. 

On the 13th some friends took me to lunch but first a booster shot. Now I am protetced from the enemy. The John was far away so if there was need to hurry, IT would have been a disaster

                    On the 15th My Odtober couple fetched me for lunch and a relaxing day. Nice to get out and have someone else do the driving. You can see the sea from their house and there were 6 ships waiting to dock.

On the 18th I saw rhe orthopedic surgeon to check whether the physio was doing any good. He was positive about the good movement of the leg but it seems that I will have to keep up the physio indefinitely.  It gives me something to aim at.

On the 20th I took the care to Anthony, a panel beater to have some repairs done. R5500; I had a minor

Accident. R5500.00 ($ 365,00). Reasonable.

On the 22nd, I was invited to lunch with another couple and was fetched again. All have been vaccinated and boosterd so this is in  a lull in the omicron saga.

   On the 27th I was taken to the pharmacy for my month’s meds. People , on .the whole, are very thoughtful with an older person.

It has been frustrating because for the past few days we have had no internet. It was finally fixed yesterday, Thursday afternoon, but went off again at night and isn’t back now so I will miss my usual reflections. I am

Typing this off line and when the internet comes back will put it in my blog.

I hope you will have had a nice weekend. Bye.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment