Saturday, August 31, 2019


August 30, 2019
   Nothing so special these past two weeks, except for a thing or two.
My electric scale gave up the ghost so I got a manual scale. I also followed the instructions of the doctor to get a 4 wheel carryon so as not to pull my muscles in my spine to one side.  Tried another new medication since re was no change with the last medication regarding the spasms. Still 24 / 7. The usual advice---magnesium, calcium, drink more water. Ha.
I confess that I used some of the money from the socio-pastoral fund, to upgrade my computer. It was getting so slow that one couldn’t work with it any more. But it still is not right.
However, the real important news I am copying here from a message I sent to Br. Tendai, our bursar.

Dear Tendai,                                                                                                                      Aug. 29, 2019
     To put you in the picture. A friend from St. Paul’s parish put me in touch with Dr. Nadvi, a semi-retired neuro-surgeon at St. Augustine Hospital.
    He saw me to day and after studying my case history, decided to have a look at my left leg (the one with the new knee) and was shocked to see it so swollen and hard, in comparison with the right leg. He feels that this could be the cause of the problem because it is clear that there is something wrong with the blood In the left leg, as though something is blocking the flow of blood so that it swells and gets very hard.
    So he phoned a friend who is a vascular surgeon and made an appointment with him for Monday where he will have a scan of my left leg to see what is causing the swelling. It will cost R1500, he says, which is half the normal charge for a consultation visit and a scan. I think that both of them are being kind. No charge at all today.

Also, I made an appointment with the physiotherapist to have her check whether  I am doing the right exercises and if they are having an effect on the straightening of the left leg. That is on Tuesday.
     I am hoping that this is the breakthrough  we have been waiting for, but am afraid to put too much trust in this new path lest it also lead to a dead end and continued spasms.

Cas.
All the while I was writing this, my right leg was spasming like crazy. It is driving me nuts. I really hope that the meeting with the doctor on Monday, sept. 2nd will be the answer to the problem that has been hounding us for months now.
    But, if it doesn’t work out, I remember that many of you and lots of others too have to deal with worse situations health wise in your lives so, if need be, I will just do it. Ha. With the help of lots of prayers, and I pray for all of you too.
Lots of love, as always,    Fr. Cas.

No comments:

Post a Comment