Thursday, July 25, 2019


July 24, 2019
   IT seems that the article I had intended for you to see and reflect on just didn’t show in the blog. I don’t know if I kept a copy somewhere but I will try to remember what it was and where it might be. Ha. It’s not just old age. I often can’t remember which file I put something in and have to hunt and search,
    But, since I intend to fly to Zambia in September, I was asked to scan my passport to the travel agent in Zambia. It was only then that I noticed, on pg. 45, what I share with you now.

“It is immigrants who brought to this land the skills of their hands and brains
To make of it a beacon of opportunity and hope for all men”
Herbert H. Lehman
 (from an immigrant family from Germany)

(from page 45 of my passport, renewed in 2017. It should
Be in the passport of everyone who has
A recent passport)
Mr. Trump, take notice!
Herbert Henry Lehman (March 28, 1878 – December 5, 1963) was a Democratic Party politician from New York. He served from 1933 until 1942 as the 45th Governor of New York and represented New York State in the US Senate from 1949 until 1957.
He was born to a Reform Jewish family in Manhattan, New York City,
·        Lehman died in 1963 and was interred in the Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla, New York.[12] That same year, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.[3]
·        Lehman was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal by the U.S. Army for his service as a colonel on the Army General Staff during World War I.

I didn’t know who Henry Lehman was so I went to Google and this is what they had to say. (Wickepedia)

Besides that, I went to see the surgeon, Dr. Jayaban Naidoo, who told me to lie down and lift up my left leg. Then he told me to bend the knee. He said, oh that is very good. If you can get someone to help you, as you lie on your tummy, he/she can push down and, little by little, get the knee straight, you will be able (implied) to walk normally. Hope. Right now I use the elbow crutch when I go out of my room, but in my room I waddle booble like a drunken monkey. But he gave me hope. I will try to be faithful and keep at it.

     Tomorrow we have a big feast, Sr. Ann (Mari ANN hill). Our jubilarians will be celebrating  60 yrs. of vows, 0ne 50 yrs. of priesthood, and  two 25 years of priesthood. That is a lot of time put in to serving the Lord’s people.
I celebrated 60 yrs. of vows (especially of being obedient…hmmmm) in 2016 . I have been priesting now for 57 yrs.
How time flies. Let me leave you in peace for the time being. I will share some more stuff with you later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment