Sunday, November 11, 2018


Nov. 13. 2018.
      I just finished my morning prayers and thought that I must apologize for afflicting you with so much Trump. Here is some other things to put the balance back in order somehow.
    I have been getting quite a few visitors. The Savannah Parks community came in force one morning. There were about 15 (as many as you could fit in the minibus). We sang and prayed, all in Zulu, the rosary and other prayers and they all had a chance to pray individually for me. It was very touching. The have a real community spirit. If anyone is sick or if there has been a death in a family, they will all come to pray and offer help of any kind, including money to help feed the people who come from far. They are really Christians.
    Then there are others who come, bringing fruit and , mmmmm, mutton curry. I have a bit each day and it is good for both body and spirit. A couple of the novices have come and it gives me a chance as the senior to give them some words of encouragement and advice. Some sisters have also come and other friends promising prayers and any way that they can help.
   As for me, I can’t wait for Friday. I feel like I am going stir crazy.  Once I finished all the preparations for the home leave and my monthly financial report, I ran out of immediate things to do. And then time was on my hands. But then I decided to start going through my files and getting rid of things and collecting things together that were scattered. That could take a few years.
    I have a fantastic shower. It comes out with full force. And each morning when I get up, I hammer my back, especially the part where the problem is (lumbar regions) and the rest of my body, and it really loosens up the muscles and the aches and pains diminish.
   I have been saying Mass here at my desk after the shower and praying for all of you who have been praying for me all these years. I try to remember especially those who have heavy burdens to carry like serious health problems, or job problems, or financial problems or whatever. The more I think of it the more I realize how blessed I am.
Bu let me leave you to do your thing today. I am getting ready for breakfast. It is almost 7am and I have been up since 4am, with a break for a short sleep between 5 and 6am. Lots and lots of love to you all.


Nov. 11, 2018,
     I get tired of Trump bad-mouthing the press….anything that is critical of him or the Republican party or one of his friends is called “fake news”. Why doesn’t he just sue CNN or NBC or BBC and rake in the millions he could get when he proves that they are not telling the truth in their news. He loves money. Here would be an easy killing. But we know why he doesn’t dare. It doesn’t need any explanation. Trump know how to press all my buttons.

He dared to blame the California firefighters and those responsible for looking after the forests. How stupid and insensitive. My friends in California (one of them was spared when the fire stopped just outside her back window.) were furious at these stupid and insensitive remarks.
     If I were the Europeans I would start looking now at how they could disconnect from America and just trade within themselves and Asia so that he couldn’t punish them with tariffs on goods that no longer come from America. When the jobs began to disappear because there were no more customers from the rest of the world, maybe the stupid republican supporters of Trump would learn a lesson about isolationism or forcing all others to play your game or be punished. He has no clue about diplomacy or fairness, which he boasts about so often.

Nov. 8, 2018,
Now it is the 9th already, Let’s go back a bit. After the MRI on Tuesday, the 29th, I didn’t know the protocol. Do I wait for them to contact me or must I do a follow up. I waited till Thursday and phoned the doctor’s office, left a message but got no response. I phoned again on Friday and the secretary told me to come on Monday and she would try to squeeze me in as he had a full schedule. That was some progress,
      On Monday, Bishop Khumalo drove me to the hospital, and both of us expected it to be a long stay because it meant being squeezed in and having to wait. However




Nov. 4, 2018

Last night was the first time I slept happily throughout the whole night, no spasms, only a jerk here and there when I shifted positions. From 10 to 1:30, peaceful sleep, only awake to pee. Then back to a sound sleep till the alarm went off at 4:15am.  Up, shower, Mass at my desk, and back to rest till 6:15.
Up, get dressed, morning prayer, breakfast, reading. All beautiful.
Then when I tried to get up to do something, I think to turn the printer on, Oh my goodness, the pain in my lower back. It was impossible to walk. I had to sit back down again and am sitting now.
What happened, from almost miraculous absence of pain and spasms to a pain that makes me think twice before trying to get up. What the heck is going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment