Monday, October 22, 2018



October 21,2018
October 22, 2018.10.22

   This is Monday. Sunday came and went and I never managed to put anything in the blog. So, here is what has been happening. On Saturday, the 20th, I took my computer to a friend who helped me to install something that I had trouble doing and he also showed me a program where I can safely store (however safe anything is from determined hackers) all my usernames and passwords. I have a yellow pages of these and I can’t remember which is which and they say you musn’t use the same password as it makes it too easy for people who want to get into your stuff.
    Well, when I got home, I started practicing on what he had shown me and my left leg start to spasm along with the foot. And it got to the point where my whole leg got weak and was like a long dragging it around. I had to get one of those 4 legged things to help me walk. I fell down once before I got it and it scared me.
Well, all night and all day, the bloody thing spasms about every 15 seconds, standing, sitting, lying, whatever, all night long. I sent a message to our family doctor here and he gave me an appointment for today at 9:30am. I told him that my mouth still works fine. Ha. Everyone was thinking maybe a stroke. I don’t think so. So he tried to get me an appointment with a neurologist at a local private hospital but there was some hitch so he decided to send me there anyway but via casualty where they would have to do something. One of our Mariannhill brothers is working there at a place called Hillcrest Hospital and happened to be in casualty when we walked in ( I was in a wheel chair since I have been using a four legged walking stick so I don’t fall down). I purposely wore shorts today even though it was a bit chilly because getting my jeans over that foot is a bit tricky since it doesn’t want to bend easily. Any, he sent me for 2 ultra sounds and a blood test. I took one ultrasound for the calf, ankle and achilles tendon. He thought that there might be something wrong there. All were fine. The blood test was to see about my electrolytes and they were also fine. So he wasn’t sure where to go from there because all the while I was taking these tests and w hen he was examining me the spasms were continuing faithfully, maybe to impress him and show him that I wasn’t lying.
     In the end, he sent me to the pharmacy to get some Magnesium capsules and some Calcium something or other pills. He said to come back for an appointment next Thursday at 2pm to see if this stuff was working. After that will come, if that doesn’t solve the problem, a visit to a neurologist.
    In the meantime, I keep on keeping on. If these spasms stop I think I will see if I can drive. Poor Bishop Khumalo was tied up the whole day waiting for me from 9am to 1:30pm. People have been very concerned and have deluged me with messages of love and prayers and the odd suggestions and some who are nearby volunteered to drive me to the doctor if needed. I don’t think they realized that it could be a whole days commitment. We shall see. If I can drive myself that would be better.
   I thank all those who have been so concerned and thoughtful. It is really nice to be loved. So many have no one to show them love. I guess that is our job when we get the chance.
So that is it for now. I will catch you up on other things soon. ( I have already done my bookings for the flights to the States next year for my home leave; I sent a message to Zambia with dates for a visit there when I get back from my home leave; I have a wedding that I prepared and will be leaving on the 31st of Oct. for it in CapeTown. These are on the cards and I hope all goes well so that they become reality.
In the meantime, lots of love to you all. Cas.

No comments:

Post a Comment