Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10, 2014
     I am kind of rushing this off because I am not in the mood to sit down and do something proper right now. When I get home, SA, I will try to update you on things here in Zim.

     Sorry. I forgot, perhaps, to let you know that I would be travelling to Zimbabwe from the 2nd  of May till the 14th. I have been in Harare from the 2nd to the 7th and then down to Byo from the 7th to the 9th (Mariannhill ran the diocese from the beginning and there is a new crop coming up---some good things and some not so good things) and am back in Harare again since yesterday. I am meeting people that I haven't seen for maybe 20 yrs. and am being spoiled rotten and enjoying it. I still want to visit the offices of Imbisa (Interregiional Meeting of the Bishops of Southern Africa) where I worked from 88 to 92 and also the J&P office to  see how they are able to operate in the present circmstances. Also, I hope to visit the Jesuits, who have done great things here in Zim.
    As soon as I get back, 15th and 16th, May, I will be collecting old clothes for Landsend, as winter is coming, and on the 17th I will drive down to Mthatha where we will be having CMM meetings especially with our boss, Fr. Damina, who is here from Rome. On the 19th we have a gathering of all the guys from the Mthatha Province and, after that, I will be coming back on the 21st. There is a planned workshop at Glenmore Center on Ethical Leadership. I think it is from the 24th to the 26 th, 9am to 3:30 pm
    Love and Peace, Cas

No comments:

Post a Comment